History of King's Highway 114:
King's Highway 114 was one of Ontario's shortest King's Highways. The highway was created out of a route renumbering in 1953, when the route of Highway 98A through Maidstone was renumbered as Highway 114. The route of Highway 114 was only 1.9 km in length. In 1970, Highway 98 was decommissioned as a King's Highway and transferred to Essex County. Since Highway 114's only purpose was to provide a link between Highway 3 and Highway 98, the route was considered to be a redundant highway by the province. On June 1, 1970, Highway 114 was formally decommissioned as a King's Highway and transferred to local municipalities. Since that time, the former route of Highway 114 has been known simply as Malden Road.