History of King's Highway 32:
King's Highway 32 was a short collector highway which extended from Gananoque to Seeleys Bay in Eastern Ontario. Highway 32 began at the Highway 2 Junction in Downtown Gananoque and connected to Highway 15 just east of Seeleys Bay. The route was first assumed as a new provincial highway by the Department of Public Highways on July 24, 1929. Originally, the road was designated as Provincial Highway 32, but the road's official name was changed to King's Highway 32 in 1930. Highway 32 was first paved in 1944. The route of Highway 32 changed very little during its nearly 70-year existence. The only major change in the highway's route occurred in 1961, when a new bridge was constructed over the Gananoque River, north of the Highway 401 Interchange. The new bridge and its approaches bypassed a short section of the original highway. On January 1, 1998, Highway 32 was downloaded to the County of Leeds & Grenville. The road is now officially known as Leeds & Grenville County Road 32, although it is still commonly referred to as "Highway 32" by motorists. Services are available at each end of Highway 32, both in Gananoque and at Highway 15. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 32 is 80 km/h (50 mph). Please visit the Highway 32 Mileage Chart page for a list of mileage reference points along Highway 32.
Additional Information About King's Highway 32: