History of Secondary Highway 519 (#2):
Another Secondary Highway 519 was established in the mid-1980s in the District of Algoma. This new route provided a highway link from Highway 17 north of Wawa to Dubreuilville. Highway 519 was established in two sections during 1985 and 1986. A Preliminary Assumption Plan was prepared by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MTC) dated July 16, 1984, which showed the proposed assumption of a 15.5 km section of the Dubreuilville Industrial Road from Highway 17 easterly through Dambrossio and Dumas Townships as a new Secondary Highway. The plan was registered on March 14, 1985 and the new route was formally designated as a Secondary Highway by an Order-in-Council, effective April 22, 1985. A second Preliminary Assumption Plan was prepared by the MTC dated November 4, 1985, which showed the proposed assumption of the remainder of the Dubreuilville Industrial Road through the Improvement District of Dubreuilville as a extension of Highway 519. The plan was registered on March 13, 1986 and the extension to Dubreuilville was formally designated as Highway 519 by an Order-in-Council, effective May 1, 1986. The new highway was approximately 30 km in length. The highway ended at Green Lake Road at the western entrance to the community of Dubreuilville. The highway was initially gravel-surfaced at the time of designation, but the entire route was paved in 1986-1987. Apart from some minor revisions to the route of Highway 519 in a few locations, the highway has not changed significantly since the 1980s. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 519 is 80 km/h (50 mph). Services are available in Dubreuilville. A different, unrelated Highway 519 existed in the Haliburton area between 1956 and 1984.