History of Secondary Highway 619:
Secondary Highway 619 is a local highway in the District of Rainy River that provides access to a number of rural townships lying northeast of Rainy River. Highway 619 was designated by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956, and was first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in September, 1956. The route of Highway 619 extended north from Pinewood via the Arbor Vitae Road for approximately 25 miles (40 km) to join Highway 621 near Morson. Highway 619 was originally gravel-surfaced for its entire length. A primed bituminous surface was constructed through Pinewood in 1967 and along a 5 km section of Highway 619 from Pinewood northerly to the Dilke-Nelles Township boundary in the mid-1970s. The balance of Highway 619 remains gravel-surfaced to this day. The route of Highway 619 has remained more or less the same ever since the highway was first established in 1956. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 619 is 80 km/h (50 mph). There are no services available on this highway.