History of King's Highway 11A (Muskoka):
The actual existence of King's Highway 11A through the Muskoka District has not yet been confirmed. In 1953, the Bracebridge Bypass was completed and opened to traffic. The Highway 11 designation was apparently relocated onto the new highway corridor between Muskoka Falls and Parkersville. The old route of Highway 11 through Bracebridge was kept in the provincial highway system for several years thereafter, although its posted numerical designation is unclear. Several road maps from that period indicate that the old alignment of Highway 11 retained its original designation, while others indicate that the highway was renumbered as Highway 11A. If anyone can confirm how this highway was originally signed, that would be appreciated. In August 1957, the portion of Highway 11A from Muskoka Falls to Falkenburg via Downtown Bracebridge became an extension of Secondary Highway 532 (now Muskoka Road 118 and Muskoka Road 4). The balance of the former Highway 11 route was decommissioned altogether and is now known as Lone Pine Drive. This section of the route was transferred to the townships of Macauley and Stephenson on August 9, 1957 and August 12, 1957, respectively. Two other unrelated routes in Toronto and Thunder Bay were also designated as Highway 11A.