History of King's Highway 133 (#1):
Ontario has had two routes known as King's Highway 133. The first Highway 133 route served as the western bypass of Peterborough in the latter half of the 1950s. A Preliminary Route Plan was prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in May 1956, which showed the proposed King's Highway between the Highway 7A & Highway 28 Junction at Five Mile Corners and the Highway 7 Junction at Fowlers Corners. The DHO assumed the road as King's Highway 133 on December 28, 1956. The new highway was approximately 6 miles (9 km) in length. The highway was initially gravel-surfaced for its entire length, but the route was paved in 1960. In an effort to improve highway numbering logic in the area, Highway 133 was renumbered as Highway 7 in 1960. A different, unrelated Highway 133 existed near Millhaven between 1965 and 1997.