History of King's Highway 15A (Alt) Ottawa:
King's Highway 15A (Alt) was created in 1956, when a section of Highway 15 from the intersection of Richmond Road and Carling Avenue near Brittania Heights into Downtown Ottawa was renumbered as Highway 15A (Alt). Prior to 1956, the route of Highway 15 branched into two separate highways at Brittania Heights. The first route of Highway 15 followed Richmond Road and Wellington Street from Brittania Heights into Downtown Ottawa. This section of Highway 15 was renumbered as Highway 15A (Alt). The second route of Highway 15 via Carling Avenue retained its original Highway 15 designation. Highway 15A (Alt) ended at the junction with Highway 31 at the intersection of Wellington Street and Bank Street in Downtown Ottawa. The route of Highway 15A (Alt) was decommissioned in 1960, along with a number of other "scenic" routes that had been established in the Ottawa area during the 1940s and 1950s.