History of King's Highway 15B (Carleton Place):
The Carleton Place Highway 15B Business Route was created shortly after the Carleton Place Bypass was opened to traffic in December, 1959. The old alignment of Highway 15 through downtown via Franktown Road, Moore Street, Bridge Street and High Street was renumbered as Highway 15B in 1960. The north-south section of Highway 15B through downtown also ran concurrently with Highway 29. In 1961, Highway 15 was rerouted between Smiths Falls and Carleton Place. The old route of Highway 15 between Perth and Carleton Place was renumbered as Highway 7. As a result of this new designation, Highway 15B was renumbered as Highway 7B. A different, unrelated Highway 15B existed in Seeleys Bay during the 1960s.