History of King's Highway 35B (Dorset):
King's Highway 35B was a short business route through Dorset which was established when the Dorset Bypass was completed and opened to traffic in 1958. The old alignment of Highway 35 through Dorset was designated as Highway 35B. A short section of Highway 35B was signed concurrently with Highway 118 (later renumbered as Highway 117). Dorset's Highway 35B Business Route existed up until 1974, when it was formally decommissioned. Provincial jurisdiction over Highway 35B came to an end on October 18, 1974, when the route of Highway 35B from Highway 118 northerly through Dorset was transferred to the District Municipality of Muskoka and the Provisional County of Haliburton. The short overlapped section of Highway 35B & Highway 118 immediately south of Dorset was discontinued. A different, unrelated Highway 35B Business Route also existed in Lindsay between 1958 and 1998.