History of King's Highway 36B:
King's Highway 36B was a very short business route that was created in 1958, when a new Highway 36 Bypass was opened to traffic around the eastern side of Lindsay. The old alignment of Highway 36 leading into Downtown Lindsay was renumbered as Highway 36B. At a length of 1.6 km or 1 mile, Highway 36B was among the shortest King's Highways to have ever existed. The highway's entire route was under the jurisdiction of the Town of Lindsay. Highway 36B was apparently decommissioned along with the rest of Highway 36 on January 1, 1998, although it should be noted that the route of Highway 36B had been was omitted from all Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) mileage logs after 1987. Thus, it is believed that this highway was actually a locally-signed business route by the late 1990s, and was not an official designation. Former Highway 36B is now known as Lindsay Street and Queen Street.