History of Secondary Highway 615:
Secondary Highway 615 is a local highway in the District of Rainy River that provides access between Highway 71 and Clearwater Lake (Burditt Lake), located northwest of Fort Frances. Highway 615 was designated by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956, and was first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in May, 1956. As originally established in 1956, Highway 615 was approximately 16 miles (26 km) in length. The route of Highway 615 began at Highway 600 at Black Hawk and extended easterly across Highway 70 (today's Highway 71) to Off Lake Corners. From there, Highway 615 turned northeasterly to the Government Dock on Clearwater Lake. In 1960, the section of Highway 615 lying between Black Hawk and the Highway 71 Junction was renumbered as an easterly extension of Highway 600. The highway was gravel-surfaced initially, but a primed bituminous surface was constructed along the entire length of Highway 615 in 1968. Apart from a few minor realignments, Highway 615 hasn't changed much since the 1960s. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 615 is 80 km/h (50 mph). There are no services available on this highway.