History of King's Highway 7A (Alt) Port Perry:
King's Highway 7A (Alt) was created in 1944, when a 2.1 km alternate route to Highway 7A was established through Downtown Port Perry. Under a Municipal Connecting Link Agreement with the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO), the Village of Port Perry signed a Highway 7A (Alt) route through Downtown Port Perry, via Queen Street and Water Street. The Connecting Link Agreement came into effect on June 5, 1944. It appears that Port Perry's Highway 7A (Alt) route lasted for almost two decades. The most recent reference to the highway was in a DHO document dated January, 1963. The route does not appear in the 1963 DHO mileage table, which suggests that the route of Highway 7A (Alt) was likely decommissioned at some point during 1963.