History of King's Highway 7B (Lindsay):
The Highway 7B Lindsay Business Route was created when a new Highway 7 Bypass was completed and opened to traffic around the south side of Lindsay in October, 1958. The old alignment of Highway 7 through Downtown Lindsay via Lindsay Street and Kent Street was renumbered as Highway 7B. Most of Highway 7B ran concurrently with one of Lindsay's other two Business Routes, Highway 35B. The balance of Highway 7B ran concurrently with Highway 35. The Highway 7B Business Route was initially 4 miles (6.4 km) in length. Roughly two-thirds of the route of Highway 7B was not assumed by the province, and was thus under the jurisdiction of the Town of Lindsay. The route of Highway 7B remained the same right up until the late 1990s. On March 31, 1997, the provincially-owned 1.3 km section of Highway 7B & Highway 35B lying to the south of Lindsay was transferred to the County of Victoria. This section of Highway 7B & Highway 35B was renamed as Victoria County Road 15. The 800-metre portion of Highway 7B that ran concurrently with Highway 35 immediately west of Lindsay is owned by MTO and is still signed as Highway 7B to this day. Sporadic Highway 7B route markers still exist within the Town of Lindsay, although the route is not as well signed as it was in the past.