History of King's Highway 9A:
The actual existence of King's Highway 9A has not yet been confirmed. It is known for certain that the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) assumed the entrance road to Grand Valley from Highway 9 as a new King's Highway on September 1, 1937. However, it is unclear what numerical designation, if any, was assigned to this diminutive highway. Unfortunately, this highway was so short that no maps from that era show what route number was actually assigned to it. The entire route was only 2.6 km (1.6 miles) in length. In keeping with the DHO's normal route numbering practices of the day, the Highway 9A designation would have been the most likely candidate for a route number. The route was originally gravel-surfaced, but the entire route was paved in 1944. In 1947, the presumed Highway 9A was renumbered as Highway 104.