History of Secondary Highway 517:
Secondary Highway 517 ran from Highway 62 in Combermere southwesterly to the junction with the Boulter Road, east of New Carlow. The road was first designated as Highway 517 in 1956, although it had been under the control of the Department of Highways since the 1930s. While the highway's southern terminus at a township road (Boulter Road) may appear rather odd, it should be pointed out that the Boulter Road was also once a Secondary Highway, albeit an unnumbered one. Despite being one of the most substandard Secondary Highways in the entire network, Highway 517 somehow managed to survive in the provincial highway system until January 1, 1998, when it was downloaded along with most other minor highways located in the Counties of Renfrew and Hastings.
Photographic History of Secondary Highway 517
Learn More About Secondary Highway 517