History of Secondary Highway 532 (#2):
Another Secondary Highway 532 was established in 1976 in the District of Algoma. This highway was created out of a route renumbering, when an existing section of Highway 556 was renumbered as Highway 532. Up until 1976, Highway 556 reached a dead-end about 10 km north of Searchmont near the tiny rural community of Wabos. On April 1, 1976, the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MTC) assumed jurisdiction and control over the Ranger Lake Road between the Searchmont area and Highway 129 near Aubrey Falls. The MTC decided to designate the Ranger Lake Road as an extension of Highway 556 and renumber the resulting spur highway leading north from Searchmont as Highway 532. It is believed that the new Highway 532 route number came into effect on April 1, 1976, coinciding with the assumption of the Ranger Lake Road as Highway 556. The southern half of Highway 532 is paved, but the highway becomes gravel-surfaced near Wabos. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 532 is 80 km/h (50 mph). Services are available on Highway 532 in Searchmont. A different, unrelated Highway 532 existed in the Districts of Parry Sound and Muskoka between 1956 and 1974.