History of King's Highway 86B (West Montrose):
King's Highway 86B was a short Business Route which passed through the small hamlet of West Montrose. The highway was created in 1958 when the West Montrose Bypass was completed and opened to traffic. The route of Highway 86 was relocated onto the new West Montrose Bypass, while the old Highway 86 alignment through West Montrose became Highway 86B. The highway was fairly short-lived and was decommissioned on January 20, 1961, when the road was transferred from the province to Woolwich Township.