History of Secondary Highway 513:
Secondary Highway 513 was a local highway in the County of Renfrew, which served as an access road to the small communities of Grattan Township, southwest of Douglas. Highway 513 was first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in April 1956, and was designated as a Secondary Highway by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956. The route of Highway 513 began at the Highway 132 Junction at Dacre and then headed northerly to Hyndford, via Balaclava. The highway then turned east where it came to an abrupt end at the Grattan-Bromley Township Boundary lying southwest of Douglas. Highway 513 was approximately 10 miles (16 km) in length when the route was first established in 1956. A primed bituminous gravel surface was constructed along the highway in 1957. The highway was first shown with a completely paved surface on the 1971 Edition of the Ontario Official Road Map.
Since Highway 513 served mostly a local purpose, the highway was eventually transferred from the province to the municipal tier. Jurisdiction over Highway 513 was transferred from the province to the Township of Grattan, effective May 11, 1994. The former route of Highway 513 is now part of today's Renfrew County Road 22 and a township road named Scotch Bush Road.