History of Secondary Highway 528:
Secondary Highway 528 is a local highway serving as an access road from Highway 64 to the small community of Wolseley Bay on Lake Nipissing, southeast of Sudbury. The Wolseley Bay Road was officially designated as Highway 528 on May 9, 1956. Originally, a short spur highway existed off of Highway 528 near Wolseley Bay which led to Pine Cove. This spur route was also known as Highway 528 originally, but was apparently renumbered as Highway 528A in 1957. Apart from the renumbering of the Pine Cove spur, the route of Highway 528 has remained unchanged since it was first designated. The highway was originally gravel-surfaced. A 3 km section east of the Highway 64 Junction was paved in 1976. The balance of the highway was paved in 1981. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 528 is 80 km/h (50 mph). There are no services available on Highway 528.
Learn More About Secondary Highway 528