History of Secondary Highway 530:
Secondary Highway 530 was a minor collector highway connecting Haliburton Village to Highway 35 at Carnarvon, via Highway 519 and West Guilford. It was officially designated as Highway 530 on May 9, 1956. Originally, Highway 530 was gravel-surfaced, but the highway was paved in sections starting in 1967. The final gravel section near the Highway 519 Junction was paved over in 1973. In 1981, Highway 118 was extended easterly from Bracebridge to Haliburton along the newly-constructed Vankoughnet Road. The extension of Highway 118 had a major impact on several highways in the Haliburton area, particularly Highway 530. The entire route of Highway 530 was absorbed into the extension of Highway 118. The route number change from Highway 530 to Highway 118 coincided with the designation of the Vankoughnet Road between Bracebridge and the Highway 35 Junction at Carnarvon as Highway 118 on October 27, 1981.
Learn More About Secondary Highway 530