History of Secondary Highway 555:
Secondary Highway 555 was a local highway in the District of Algoma that provided access from Highway 557 to Lake Duborne and Granary Lake, located north of Blind River. Highway 555 was first designated by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956. The route, which had been known previously as the Lake Duborne Road, was first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in June, 1956. The highway was gravel-surfaced at the time of designation in 1956, and remained so until the route was paved in the mid-1990s. Apart from some minor revisions to the route of Highway 555 in a few locations, the highway did not change significantly until the 1990s, when the entire route was downloaded. On March 31, 1997, Highway 555 was transferred from the province to the Town of Blind River. Since that time, former Highway 555 has been known as Granary Lake Road. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 555 is 80 km/h (50 mph). There are no services available on this highway, but services are available nearby in Blind River.