History of Secondary Highway 569:
Secondary Highway 569 is a local highway in the District of Timiskaming that provides access from Highway 11 to a handful of rural communities lying between New Liskeard and Englehart. Highway 569 was first designated by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956. The route was first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in June, 1956. The new highway was 17.5 miles (28.2 km) in length. At the time of designation in 1956, the entire length of Highway 569 was gravel-surfaced. Highway 569 was paved from the Highway 11 Junction near Englehart to Tomstown in 1963. The route was paved from Tomstown to Hilliardton in 1964 and from Hilliardton southerly to the Highway 11 Junction in 1965. Apart from a few realignments, the highway's route has not changed significantly since 1956. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 569 is 80 km/h (50 mph). There are no services available on this highway.