History of Secondary Highway 575 (#2):
The second route of Secondary Highway 575 was established in 1974 as a minor collector highway in the District of Nipissing. The new route provided a link between Highway 17 in Verner and Highway 64 in Field. A Preliminary Assumption Plan was prepared by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MTC) dated March 8, 1974, which showed the proposed assumption of the Verner-Field Road as a new Secondary Highway. The plan was registered on March 22, 1974 and the new highway was formally designated as Highway 575 by an Order-in-Council, effective May 8, 1974. The highway was gravel-surfaced at the time of designation in 1974, but the route was paved in 1986. Apart from some minor revisions to the route of Highway 575 in a few locations, the highway has not changed significantly since the 1970s. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 575 is 80 km/h (50 mph). Services are available in Verner. A different, unrelated Highway 575 existed in the Timmins area between 1956 and 1970.