Hwy 67 Hwy 67 Hwy 67   

This page contains historical and present day photos of Ontario's King's Highway 67. All photographs displayed on this page were taken by the Webmaster (Cameron Bevers), unless specifically noted otherwise. Historical photographs are arranged in approximate chronological order, while present day photographs (Year 2000 to date) are arranged by location from south to north. Click on any thumbnail to see a larger image!

Please note that all photographs displayed on this website are protected by copyright. These photographs must not be reproduced, published, electronically stored or copied, distributed, or posted onto other websites without my written permission. If you want to use photos from this website, please email me first for permission. Thank-you!

Historical King's Highway 67 Photographs


HWY 67 #1                 HWY 67 #2

Left - New concrete pavement on Hwy 67 near the Hollinger Gold Mine in Timmins. Photo taken on October 14, 1939.
(Photo courtesy of Ontario Ministry of Transportation  -  © Queen's Printer for Ontario, 1939)

Right - New concrete pavement on Hwy 67 near Porcupine. Photo taken on October 14, 1939.
(Photo courtesy of Ontario Ministry of Transportation  -  © Queen's Printer for Ontario, 1939)


Present Day King's Highway 67 Photographs


HWY 67 #5 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #6 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - Porcupine River Bridge on Former Hwy 67 (Bruce Street) in South Porcupine. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 3, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Facing east along Bruce Street (Former Hwy 67) towards South Porcupine at the Porcupine River Bridge. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 3, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #7 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #8 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - The Porcupine River Bridge on Former Hwy 67 was built by the Department of Northern Development in the early 1930s. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 3, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Facing west along Bruce Street (Former Hwy 67) towards Timmins at the Porcupine River Bridge. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 3, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 101 #18 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #35 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - An old abandoned Hwy 67 alignment lies below the current alignment of Hwy 101 near South Porcupine. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 18, 2003  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - This abandoned alignment of Hwy 67 west of Hoyle was closed to traffic during an expansion of the Pamour Gold Mine, which can be seen in the distance. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #32 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 101 #69 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - Old "2 Tracks" and "Stop on Red Signal" signs at the Ontario Northland Railway (ONR) crossing on Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) at Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Hwy 101 Junction sign assembly on Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) at Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #34 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #33 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - Although it hasn't carried highway traffic in decades, the old route of Hwy 67 at Hoyle is still quite obvious. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Facing north along Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) towards the Porcupine River Bridge from the Hwy 101 Junction at Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #31 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #30 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - The Porcupine River drifts lazily towards the Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) Bridge at Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Facing south along Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) across the Porcupine River Bridge at Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #29 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #28 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - The standard Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) concrete bar-and-post handrail was used on the Porcupine River Bridge when it was built in 1948. This handrail was used on many DHO-built bridges on Ontario's King's Highways constructed between 1942 and 1965. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Porcupine River Bridge on Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) at Hoyle. This two-span concrete rigid frame bridge was completed in 1948. This concrete bridge bypassed a deteriorated timber bridge, which was subsequently demolished. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #27 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 101 #45 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - Facing north along Old Hwy 67 (Hwy 610) towards Connaught at the Porcupine River Bridge at Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Green directional sign on Hwy 101 for Former King's Highway 67. Many northern municipalities that received downloaded highways from the Ontario Government in 1997-1998 simply renamed the former highways as "Municipal Road", because they did not have a lower-tier road numbering system in place. In the instance of Former Hwy 67 between Timmins and Iroquois Falls, it would have been a better idea to name the former highway as "Highway 67", since most Timmins-area residents still call this road by its former highway number. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 101 #44 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #20 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - Approaching the Hwy 101 and Former Hwy 67 (Municipal Road) Junction east of Hoyle. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Western side of the Barber's Bay Bridge on Hwy 67 south of Porquis Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #21 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #22 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - Facing north along Hwy 67 towards Porquis Junction at the Barber's Bay Bridge. This aging 1930s-era structure was reduced to one lane at the time this photo was taken, in order to minimize the potential for two concurrent heavy trucks on the bridge at one time. The old Barber's Bay Bridge was replaced by a new structure in 2009-2010. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Eastern side of the Barber's Bay Bridge on Hwy 67. This 7-span steel beam and timber trestle bridge was completed in 1938, during construction of the new Barber's Bay Cut-Off Highway. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #23 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #24 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - The Barber's Bay Bridge on Hwy 67 was one of several steel beam and timber trestle bridges built by the DHO in the Timmins area in the late 1930s. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Facing south along Hwy 67 towards the Barber's Bay Bridge between Porquis Junction and the Hwy 101 Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #26 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #25 - © Cameron Bevers

NEW Left - Below-deck view of the timber trestle bents supporting the Barber's Bay Bridge on Hwy 67. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)

NEW Right - Hwy 67 skirts the shores of Barber's Bay on its route north towards Porquis Junction and Iroquois Falls. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 28, 2006  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #9 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #10 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - This former Hwy 67 alignment near Barber's Bay is now a private driveway. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Facing south along Hwy 67 towards Timmins near Frederickhouse Lake. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #11 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #13 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - An abandoned asphalt-surfaced Hwy 67 alignment near Barber's Bay. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Considerable portions of Hwy 67 between Barber's Bay and Porquis Junction were relocated during the 1950s and 1960s. Many sections of the original highway alignment now lie abandoned in the woods near the present highway. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #12 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #14 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - The advancing forest is slowly reclaiming this abandoned Hwy 67 alignment near Barber's Bay. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - This patch of gravel marks the site of an abandoned railway crossing on Hwy 67 between Barber's Bay and Porquis Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #15 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #17 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - An abandoned superelevated curve leads to the site of the former railway crossing on Hwy 67. Note the railway cars passing by the overgrown crossing location at left. The railway crossing was bypassed because motorists on Hwy 67 did not have adequate visibility of the tracks, due to the skewed angle of old crossing. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Abandoned Hwy 67 alignment leading to the former railway crossing near Porquis Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #16 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #18 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - Facing north along the abandoned Hwy 67 alignment towards Porquis Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - Abandoned Hwy 67 alignment near Porquis Junction. This part of the old highway is still used as a forest access road. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #19 - © Cameron Bevers             HWY 67 #3 - © Cameron Bevers

Left - The Town of Iroquois Falls has closed off a section of the old Hwy 67 alignment to through traffic. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on September 4, 2007  -  © Cameron Bevers)

Right - An abandoned Hwy 67 alignment at Porquis Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 18, 2003  -  © Cameron Bevers)





HWY 67 #4 - © Cameron Bevers

Above - Old "2 Tracks" sign with glass reflectors on Hwy 67 at the ONR crossing at Porquis Junction. See an Enlarged Photo here.
(Photograph taken on August 18, 2003  -  © Cameron Bevers)




More King's Highway 67 Photographs Coming Soon!



Back to King's Highway 66 Photos     /    King's Highway 67 History    /   On to King's Highway 68 Photos

Ontario Highway History - Main Menu    /    Back to List of Highways



Website contents, photos & text © 2002-2017, Cameron Bevers (Webmaster) - All Rights Reserved  /  Contact Me



Valid HTML 4.01!   Valid CSS!