History of Secondary Highway 535:
Secondary Highway 535 is a local highway that serves as an access route for a number of small communities in the District of Sudbury. Highway 535 was designated by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956 and first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan dated June 1956. The new highway was originally 29 miles (47 km) in length. The route began at Highway 64 in Noelville and headed northerly to join with Highway 17 in Hagar. The route of Highway 535 then continued north of Highway 17 to the small community of Riviere Veuve. The highway was gravel-surfaced at the time of designation in 1956, but the route was paved in sections beginning in the early 1960s. Highway 535 was paved from Hagar to St. Charles in 1960 and from St. Charles to the Lake Nipissing West Arm in 1962. The balance of the highway was paved by the mid-1970s. Apart from some minor revisions to the route of Highway 535 in a few locations, the highway has not changed significantly since 1956. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on Highway 535 is 80 km/h (50 mph). Services are available in Hagar, St. Charles and Noelville.