History of Secondary Highway 606:
Secondary Highway 606 was a local highway in the District of Sudbury that provided access from Highway 17 to Markstay, located east of Sudbury. Highway 606 was first depicted on a Preliminary Route Plan prepared by the Department of Highways of Ontario (DHO) in April 1956, and was designated by an Order-in-Council dated May 9, 1956. Highway 606 was first paved in 1965 and remained more or less the same up until the 1970s, when the route was decommissioned. Jurisdiction over Highway 606 was transferred from the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MTC) to the Township of Hagar, effective April 30, 1975. The former highway route is known as Main Street South today.